Career Fair Countdown…
This Friday from 1-4 pm students at PennDesign will be on their toes ready to impress future employers at the Spring Career Fair. The preparation for this event naturally extends itself beyond this day. Portfolios are in the making or in their fourth stage of review. The activity is endless, extending beyond portfolio with resumes being updated, Linkedin’s revised, Handshake accounts set up for the first time, and nervous first timers practicing for interviews. While this activity can be expected at any career fair there were a few unique features to this career fair.
- Handshake, Penn’s version of Linkedin for students, has a formal event you can join which lists all the firms attending along with each firms job postings, a short introduction, main areas of interest or work, and contact information.
- There is also an app for the career fair making access to firm information easy regardless of your location. Search for “Career Fair Plus” mobile app in either the App Store or in Google Play.
- You can apply for these jobs on Handshake or be linked to the proper application page through Handshake prior to attending the fair.
- Interview, resume, and job resources can be accessed through Handshake to help you prepare and be the best possible candidate the day of the fair.
For those of you prepping for the career fair and looking for a little help below I have listed two main resources:
- Handshake: https://upenn.joinhandshake.com/login
- Career Services: https://www.vpul.upenn.edu/careerservices/
- The following links are specific to a design major but information is available for many career paths. Click on Resources by Career Field, Choose your Career Area, and then select the path you are interested in knowing more about
Best of luck to everyone at the Career Fair on Friday! Get out there and break a leg!